Friday, November 2, 2012

~ In the eye of the storm ~

 
Never before have I yearned
with such earnest
to be caught in the eye of the storm,
as our wings get scathed along the edges
of insane harmony.
 
Sensing the dangerous protection in your hands
as you so masterfully sketch with kisses
- painting in colours of red and gold –
creating a masterpiece of the deepest greens and blue:
Recreating a me and you...
 
Take me to the ocean
and break over me;
slicing my soul
with the greatest of ease...
 
Take me to flight
and I will fear no wind
as we soar on wings of love...
 
Mould me to new clay
as I fold myself around you –
breaking the old;
transforming to new...
 
One look,
one touch,
one second - eons long;
as I breach the barrier of sanity
and echo in freedoms’ plight
never to be rescued.
 
Hold me captive as you rein me in,
closer to that raging contented heart.
 
Contaminate my soul
with glorious peace
as the eye beckons us closer still:
 
Beating.
 
Breathing.
 
Silence,
but for two hearts
galloping across the lover’s plane.
 
Turbulence found in the seclusion of love
at the feet of Aphrodite -
where my skies
find your pastures of green...
 
Copyright © Jenny Lessing Wiggins 2012-10-02
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)
 
                                                        


 

 



1 comment:

  1. Deep within, where not a breeze of the tempest was blowing;
    the turmoil grew to a most masterful gale
    tearing along on the outskirts of your soul-
    levelling that which still stood erect
    on this barren ground of a broken life.

    Could I stop the raging spirit within?
    Should I have?
    Or let it roam free from I to me;
    to you in between –
    caught in the lights like a deer
    before the road leaves its bloody mark on your knees
    where you fell;
    praying for mercy that was never to come.

    Did I need to,
    want to,
    have to stop
    as I felt you succumbing
    to the turbulent squall
    lifting us higher up into the eye of the storm –
    in single quiet solitude
    of the magnitude of two?

    You lost yourself in these eyes of mine
    as I tore at your heart
    with the softest of hands,
    taking the fragrant gifts with flagrant touch...
    slow crescendo in staccato notes
    fluent in the waltz of love
    as I lead you on the dance floor
    in salsa and tango beats
    your body flowing
    and mine following -leading the way –

    where the eb and the flow of the ocean floor
    beckons us closer to the highest tip of the tallest mountain
    to soar with eagle wings
    and come to rest at the temple
    of gods that loved before us.

    But their ruins looked grey and dusty
    when I saw the light shining from your eyes....

    the sun captured in skies of blue...

    bringing peace to the eye of the storm.

    © William Gaylord 2012-10-09

    ReplyDelete