Monday, October 8, 2012

~ Consolation ~


The dark descended upon me

before I even realised it was there:

longing so scorchingly painful

it literally tore my heart apart…

 

I stretch my hand out to the place next to me

where you just lay

- a second,

a minute,

a lifetime ago -

and it goes void in me:

empty…

 

I have a soft goodbye kiss on my lips

to go by;

to carry as torch

through the grey gloom of day.

 

I never could understand

how such a small amount of time,

could transcend into such pain -

an ache só deep…

 

Remedied only by your warm embrace,

being cradled in your arms -

your heartbeat beneath my ear;

lulling my soul to peace:

 

I find my solace

in your sweet love.

 

Copyright © Jenny Lessing Wiggins 2012-09-29
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet loving can only but presume
    that by passion we all are consumed
    laying down in pieces
    shattered and broken inside.
    you took my broken heart in your hand
    healed it while it yielded to love's great tide...

    ReplyDelete