Tuesday, November 20, 2012

~ Desennium-love ~



 I lost my heart
on an island in Greece,
between rocks
- overflowing with shells and sand –
adjacent to high tide’s froth.

We were just friends,
but in your arms you showed me
the island’s treasures,
and in your eyes I read more
than I should have...

Deep within my beating heart,
I already knew the answer:
It was the beginning of a pre-determined plan;
an everlasting love
that would flame on high
after all those empty lonely years spent apart.

A decade has passed…
and there you stand again;
leaning against the doorframe in a masculine way,
whilst two lushgreen eyes
scan my every move with tenderness –
just like that first day:

And I knew it was worth the while
to wait for my Greek god’s return...

Copyright © Jenny Lessing Wiggins 2012-11-20
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)

1 comment:

  1. No matter what the distance, the time or the effort put in to destroy -
    true love will always prevail...

    ReplyDelete